Every child in the school will have an opportunity to take part in swimming lessons. Year 3 will take part in lessons during the Autumn term and each second half term for the rest of the year, children who are unable to swim 25 metres unaided will be given a further opportunity to undertake lessons in order that they can swim 25 metres unaided by the end of key stage 2.
Miss Richards, our swimming teacher, takes groups of children to Mill Rythe Junior School swimming pool in our school minibus. The pool is completely suitable for the children and is shallow enough for them to be able to stand up.
Please ensure that your child is fully equipped with his/her coat and swimming kit which should include:
- A one piece swimming costume/swimming trunks.
- A swimming hat (boys included).
- A towel.
All of these items should be in a separate plastic bag with your child’s name and class name clearly written on it. Goggles are optional and once again should be named.
If your child is not well enough to swim please send a note to that effect on the day in question to the class teacher.
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively e.g. front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
|Close to =