Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)

Special Educational Needs (SEN)

A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special
educational provision to be made for them.

What is a learning difficulty or disability?

A child of school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if they:
• have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age, or
• have a disability which prevents them from making use of resources of a kind generally provided to
other children/pupils of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post 16 institutions.
At Mengham Junior School our special educational needs coordinator (SENCo) is Miss Sinclair. She oversees the provision for pupils with SEND.
If you wish to discuss any matters relating to SEND then please get in touch with Miss Sinclair via the school office.
Below are some useful documents for parents and carers:

SEN – Parents Guide

EHCP – Process for parents

EHC hub – Parents Guide