At Mengham Junior School we wear our school uniform with pride. We believe that our uniform helps the children to identify with the school community and feel proud to belong. Please ensure your child arrives at school in the correct uniform each day.
School uniform can either be purchased online from Brigade our normal supplier or from the school office via a school uniform order form.
School Uniform Online Ordering from Brigade
We have arranged for secure online ordering for parents and carers directly from our uniform supplier, Brigade https://www.brigade.uk.com/ with free delivery to Mengham Junior School. All orders arrive packaged and addressed and we will contact you when they are ready for collection. All our uniform is available to order from Brigade except the PE T-shirt which we stock in school, price as at 1st April 2018 £5.50. The PE T-shits come in 4 colours relating to the 4 school houses. We will let you know the colour of your child’s school house.
Brigade Parents Direct User Guide
The site is simple to use, just follow the instructions below:
- Log onto www.brigade.uk.com
- Enter Mengham Junior School
- Click on the school name from the drop down list
Placing Your Uniform Order
- Scroll down the page to view the uniform choices
- Select the first item of uniform required.
- Click on the colour required (even if only one colour is available),
- Enter the quantity you require against your choice of size
- Click ADD ITEMS TO ORDER button
- To order additional items click: YOUR SCHOOL’S PAGE and follow same process.
- When you have finished selecting items click: VIEW CART
- Check your order, amend your order if necessary, (please note that if you have selected incorrect item/s the order cannot be amended after it has been submitted)
- Then click CHECKOUT
- Enter your contact details,
- Enter the school’s address for delivery (Mengham Junior School, Palmerston Road, Hayling Island, PO11 9ET)
- Enter your payment card information (please note that your billing address details must match those registered to your payment card to avoid transaction failure).
- Enter your child’s name into the special instructions
- Click: I have read and agree to all Terms & Conditions
- Then submit your order
- Your order will be delivered to Mengham Junior School and we will inform you as soon as it is ready for collection.
Please, please don’t forget to name your child’s school uniform. Every year we have many un-named brand new sweatshirts and cardi’s etc. and we no idea how to find their owners.
- Black trousers or black skirt (girls may also wear trousers)
- Red or white polo shirt (with school logo)
- Red sweatshirt or sweat cardigan (with school logo)
- Black shoes (black leather trainers are acceptable but not trainers in other colours)
The P.E. Kit
- P.E. T-shirt (with logo) in House colour
- Black Shorts (cycling shorts acceptable for girls)
- Black plimsolls or trainers (for outdoor P.E.)
- A tracksuit can be worn outside in cold weather
Your child will be allocated a school 'House' when they enrol at our school. We have 4 Houses, they are Ainslie (Blue), MacArthur (Green), Nelson (Yellow) and Shackleton (Red).
We recommend that you provide an overall or adult’s old shirt for your child to wear for messy art and craft activities.
Reversible Fleece (these can only be purchased from the school office).
Other useful information
All P.E. kit and school uniform should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
P.E. kit should be kept in a clearly named bag that can be fastened and hung on a peg. We advise that the kit is brought in each Monday and taken home on Friday for washing.
You will be contacted by text if, for any reason, your child fails to have their P.E. kit in school when required. It is very important that all children participate in P.E. lessons whenever possible. If, however, your child has suffered illness or injury, please write a letter to your child’s teacher, to excuse them from P.E. that day.
Children with pierced ears should wear stud earrings only whilst in school. No other jewellery is allowed other than a sensible watch. (NB Children with newly pierced ears are allowed to keep their studs in for P.E. for the first two weeks after piercing, provided the studs are taped over. After that, children should remove their earrings for P.E. Please make sure your child can take out and replace their own earrings; staff are not allowed to do this for them). If they cannot do this by themselves, parents should ensure their child does not wear earrings on days when he/she is doing PE.
Make-up and nail varnish are not allowed in school. Personal property (including jewellery) is brought to school at the owner’s risk and no responsibility for loss or damage will be accepted by the school. All personal property must be named. At the end of each half term named items of lost property are returned to their owners. Unclaimed items are sent to a local charity shop or clothes bank.