Home Learning for Year 4
Year 4’s home learning is set on a Thursday and due in on a Wednesday. We hold our spelling tests every Tuesday and complete our times table challenge every Thursday.
Here is this term’s extended learning project. Please click on the picture below to download and view the extended learning project for your child:
Year 4 Spellings
Please click on any of the link below to download and view the spellings for your child:
Year 4 Maths Challenges
English Home Learning
- A reading activity from our bookmark
- Read a minimum of 3 times a week at home.
- Practise our times tables in a fun and memorable way twice a week
- Complete the weekly maths challenge. This will either be to consolidate what we are learning or in preparation for what we will be learning next..
The following home learning is celebrated each week.
|Monday||Reading, Times tables||
In addition, extended learning projects have activities for completion each week.
|Tuesday||Reading, Word study|
|Wednesday||Times tables, Word study|
|Thursday||Word study, Reading|
|Friday||Times tables, Reading|
Support for Home Learning
In addition to the weekly homework, we are encouraged to use the internet to revise what we have learnt in school. These websites are really good fun:
- http://www.maths-starters.co.uk Timed Maths starters designed to provide practice at a range of numeracy skills. Click on the 'Help' button to get started. This website has been created by our very own Mr Harrison and will help make your maths fun.
- BBC Bitesize - English, maths and science. It has short clips to watch then games we can play on our own.
- http://uk.ixl.com/promo?partner=google&campaign=1098&adGroup=Family+pricing+page&gclid=CIqriObe7L4CFSXmwgodhhUA2g - Maths. This shows all the skills we cover in school which means if we struggle we can look back at our previous years but if we are up for a challenge…we can look in ones to come!
http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/literacy/index.htm - This site has lots and lots of games, for all the subjects we learn.